- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Causeway Collection
- Stated Age
- 30 years old
- New American Oak Finish
- Number of bottles
- 41.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- One Time Release
- Added on
- 30 Nov 2021 6:19 pm by whisky313
30 × in wishlist
39 × member ratings
84 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bushmills 1991
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.81 points
- What an incredibly grandiose, multi-layered nose. The distillery aromas and barrel influences harmonize perfectly. The great interplay continues on the palate; However, after the "sweet" nose, I would have expected more sweet influences on the palate, which is instead replaced by strong spiciness. The great berry flavors are there from the first to the last moment. The bitterness underlines the long barrel storage but is more exciting than unpleasant. Only the alcohol could be better integrated. For under 42% vol it leaves a real tingling sensation.
Berries, wood and solvents right at the beginning. Later chocolate, caramel, honey, vanilla. Burned candle wax, coffee and tobacco follow. Later on vanilla and spices like clove and cinnamon.
Immediately present on the palate, but very different than expected. Immediately strong spices and berries, followed by pepper, wood and rising bitterness. The alcohol is initially well integrated, but then it starts to tingle a bit.
Very long, mouth-drying finish with blackberries, pepper, spices, wood and noticeable bitterness. Later a little floral. The berries stay forever and are supplemented with espresso. The alcohol tingles my tongue.
- seems it doesn't sell for the price of around 750 Euros (Dec.2021).
@Malti76: what a pity you only got the 1995 Malaga to taste since the 1992 is way above that.
What a great full oily dense sweet mango orange cassis passion fruit and some dark sweet plums with cinnamon. I've already tasted a few good bushis, but the nose is so dense and intensely full of sweetness. Thought of the Bushmills 2008 The Causeway Edition Finished in Jupille Casks, which I had in my glass the day and described as an exception Irishman with 90 points as a 13-year-old, but the nose here was oversized. The 21 he smells great but this one is again 3 shovels on it. Nothing beats alcohol.
In the mouth more on the tart, drier fresh side. Much wood roasted slightly bitter almonds marry with a light fruity sweetness on the palate in the mouth. Not as voluminous in the mouth as the nose says, it doesn't quite keep it in the mouth because of its fullness. But really tasty
Quite briefly, there is a pleasant tingle in the throat area, the oak is present, some sweet wood, then he quickly says Good By, the wood sounds a bit lingering.
- Beautiful, complex nose. Unfortunately im taste too basic and boring for my taste. I like the Bushmills wine barrels (28y Malaga etc.) far better.
- I was a bit afraid about the low alc. but this cask was very active. What a perfect Whiskey. Bushmills is my favourite distillery. Just a dream of a Whiskey.
Great nose and a finish for an hour. I really like the standard bottlings of Bushmills.
But this cask is the best I have ever tasted from Bushmills. Even a bit better than the fantastic 1995/2021 Causeway Batch.