89.50/100
Strength
28 Nov 2010 9:23 am
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

Whisky Reviews for Linkwood 1973 Sko

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.50 points

[November, 2004]  Together with friends I emptied bottle no. 72 that I bought for 81 Euro in Oktober, 2004.

[May, 2005]  Together with friends I emptied bottle no. 37 that I bought for 76 Euro in February, 2005.

[September, 2005]  Together with friends I emptied bottle no. 21 that I bought for 76 Euro in March, 2005.

[February, 2009]  Together with friends I emptied bottle no. 22 that I bought for 76 Euro in March, 2005.

[August, 2009]  Together with friends I emptied bottle no. 27 that I bought for 66 Euro in July, 2005.

In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored this one time 87,5 and four times 90.  My notes state a very interesting whisky that is delicious neat and with any amount of water added ("it swims in every water").  A perfect dram to experience how water changes the profile of a whisky (what I showcased to friends and visitors regularly)...

2. Lunkan did not rate this whisky Member Senior

Linkwood 1973/2004 (52.5%, Skorupa, 101 bottles) Five stars Skorupa aka rareliquids.com is a German retailer. Hint: they have a Springbank 50yo 1919 pear shape for sale for 49.999,00 euros these days. But what would we do with the remaining euro? Colour: gold. Nose: this is very nice as well but it’s less emphatic than the TWE and a tad more roasted and nutty. Hints of burnt cake. A faint sootiness and touches of metal polish. Damp dead leaves, old roses. Other than that we have many dried fruits and quite some vanilla. Let’s see what water will do: whoops, water almost closed it down and more leather came out… Wait, no, it opens up after 15 minutes. Nice lemon and menthol. Mouth (neat): we’re closer to the TWE here, with maybe more citrus fruits such as grapefruits and blood oranges and a little less oak. Very pleasantly zesty. Also some lemon balm, capsicum, green tea…(oak) Then more lemon. At times, this one really makes me think of an old Rosebank. With water: very good! Another one of these drams that don’t always swim too well on the nose but that swim perfectly well on the mouth (sorry about those strange visions my friend). We’re quite close to the TWE now, please read above. Finish: more or less the same as the TWE’s. Comments: a very interesting whisky. Probably very hard to find but ideal if you want to play with water and a pipette. SGP:541 - 87 points. (and efxaristo!, Konstantin!)