- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 03 Aug 2007 8:33 pm
14 × in wishlist
109 × member ratings
200 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 25-year-old
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.08 points
- With more percentages, it would have gone towards 92. Nevertheless, a wonderful Bowmore with a pleasantly dirty touch :-)
Cough Syrup, Licorice, Mooder, Torfwiede, Light Peat, Sweet. Tobacco, leather, chamomile, dried mango, musty docks, old fishing nets
Slightly milder than expected (a few percent is missing), peat, ash, salt, dryness
dry, kräutrig, light oak, yummy!
- [September, 2006] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 122 Euro in July, 2006.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 87,5. My notes state the typical fruity and slightly peaty Bowmore profile but I liked the older editions of the 25 year old Bowmore (Moonlight or Seagull) better...
- Test 059: Bowmore Vertical with Iain McCallum - 060401
The whisky tested:
Glass 1 Bowmore 12Y 399: - 0 points Glass 2 Bowmore Enigma 12Y 375: - (100 cl) 6 points Glass 3 Bowmore 16Y, cask strength 650: - 11 points Glass 4 Bowmore 17Y 575: - 33 points Glass 5 Bowmore 25Y 1299: - 49 points Glass 6 Bowmore 30Y 3000: - 4 points
Testimonials Bernt Sjödin Bowmore 25Y Color Amber Scented fruity, fig tons Taste Mealy-full, nutty, fatty, slightly sweet Aftertaste Long with fattones and smoke tones http://smad.se/provningar/Provning%2059%20Bowmore%20Vertikal.html
- Honey gold pour. Nose is briney, clam water, I`m picturing clam field mud. Not particularly bright or sharp, but pleasantly costal and honeyed, sweet. Mouth is nice brine and oyster, horseradish, salt with a sweet malty depth that is very pleasant. Sweet, honey and English cake. Finish is pretty long and evolving, the best quality of this. Refined, well integrated and nice to sip. As the bottled opened more I really enjoyed the meaty, maritime quality of this. A winner.
- Really enjoy this after dinner of Barbeque or something that has been charred a little. This really improves with a couple drops of water and has a chance to open up. There`s smoky, oak, peat, vanilla and a wonderful finish. Enjoy this one now and for future.
- A bottling of 25 year old Bowmore introduced in the early years of the
21st century. Big, fruity and rich with smoke.
- Herbs and peat in the nose. Sweet nutty aromas are very pleasant on the tongue. Sherry, wood and peat, a round very long finish.