- Blended Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Ichiro's Malt
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Long Neck Bottle
- Added on
- 03 Dec 2010 11:35 am
20 × in wishlist
89 × member ratings
575 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Chichibu Double Distilleries
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.85 points
- A moment that I had not tasted. Here I tasted the batch 74 (the higher it is, the less H there is a priori ...). It's quite different from the first, much older batches. The nose is a little nasty and not very elegant but it is well drinkable. Missing a bit of potato in the mouth.
Nose strong enough and chiselled Peach, oak, vanilla, fresh sugarcane. A little green and young.
In the mouth chemical candy, sweet fruits. Papaya, pear, peach. Vanilla, licorice.
Long finish on the fruits of the mouth.
- On the nose, alcohol, fruity and spices drawing towards cinnamon and wood!
On the palate, peppery spices, orange fruit (orange, tangerine), velvety blend, almond kernel!
In the final, it's quite short and disparate enough!
A dram that was going very well, and lacking depth on the end!
- He is nothing at all. It's not shit, but it's not good either. I had to torture myself to drink the glass. Does not have anything in common with good Chichibu's.
On Neudeutsch: drink you dise, good for stomach ulcer or nurse, who saufe fil of it. Do not do something better.
- Nice and sippy whisky with that japanese extra to it, not that complex or reveiling though.
- F: ripened white wine N: for 46% a lot of alcohol, sweet and malty, cereals, closed, few details G: fresh, light body, strong in alcohol, sweet and fruity, some oak A: long - sweet - spicy, becomes bitter + H2O: Alcohol is involved, nothing else new
- N- Black tea with pungent spice. Interesting fresh starftuits and apple. Distant tar at the back.
T- Charred and smoked grilled fruits. Almond and sunflower seeds. Touch of sweet with pungent spice. Balance, lightly solvent.
F- Medium, smooth. A return of charred oak with earthiness, a drift of soft peat and chewy.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- My first Chichibu and you can see on this young dram what will be possible in several years. If I compare the young Chichibu e.g. vs Wolfburn the Chichibu is better.
Let's see what happens the next years :-)
Very nice nose which offers peach fruit and lemon. On top the alcohol is tickling the nose which suprises when you look at only 46% alcohol. Quite complex for its young age!
The taste is worse than the nose as it is more grassy and bitter which is probably due to its young age. Nevertheless not a bad dram just expected a bit more.
The finish starts sweet and also a bit wooden & bitter but I expected it to be worse after the taste
- Smells first strictly to Spirit. Needs some time. Now comes the oak, wood very intense, rather spicy in the taste. Not bad for his age. Chichibu has great potential for me ...
- A really simplistic dram. We turn around honey, malt and spices, not very noble aromas in the end. It is not unpleasant, but there is nothing exciting in this malt.
A very malty nose and very marked by nuts, including nuts and hazelnuts. Some notes of caramel also. With a little opening, we have nice notes of honey, apricot and caramelized apples sprinkled with cinnamon and a hint of fresh mint. The set is very shy, not unpleasant but a little agreed ...
Very light in the mouth. It's a lot more spicy than the nose. Notes of cinnamon, but also pepper. It's pretty sweet too. Honey, but also caramel too present unfortunately. And then, a dryness that we find with notes of cereals.
There is not much left in the mouth ... It's sweet, but very poor in aromas. Pity !