- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- 50% Sherry Casks, 50% Bourbon Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 24 Sep 2021 9:16 pm by crouly
68 × in wishlist
59 × member ratings
516 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 18-year-old
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.42 points
- 94 points from user AAKABOLDER. He also tries to sell this bottle for 225€. Big shame
- Fruit and dark chocolate. A bit like those filled gingerbread hearts. Perfect ratio of sherry and bourbon notes.
On the tongue, then super-spicy and hearty and great oak notes from the bourbon barrel (on the side of the tongue with a certain dryness and bitter notes). In addition, the fruity sherry then increasingly towards the finish. Despite only 46% nice “crisp” but not “fresh”. Well, I have to say: Chapeau!
- Reminds me immediately of mashed apple with cinnamon sugar on top - I like it a bit better than the 15yo 2021
Cooked and dried fruits, little raisins, apple, apricot, jam, hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, little liquorice, brown sugar, little citric, whiffs of vanilla - not bad
Oily, creamy, little sirupy, good sweetness, more apple mash and cinnamon, nuts, little raisins, cooked fruits, jam, hints of leather and smoke, little tobacco
Medium long, warm, spicy, tobacco, jam
- Overpriced and overrated.
- Wonderful balance between the Bourbon and the Sherry components which accentuates the distillery character in a very sophisticated way. Absolutely well proportioned relation between the coastal aspects, leather, nice dried fruits, subtle smokiness and the wooden influence of the sherrycasks.
- for my oppinion this is the worst VFM bottle that you can find today. don't get me wrong. it is a good whisky. but not worth a dime more then 90 USD...
- Thanks to The Bonding Dram for the sample!
What an explosion of tastes, really intense those first seconds
- Disappointingly a lot of sulfur on the nose.