- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Distillery Exclusive
- Calculated age
- 03 years old
- premium Orange wine cask
- 52.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Aber Falls Distillery Shop
- United Kingdom
- Added on
- 30 Aug 2021 7:01 pm by whisky313
3 × in wishlist
3 × member ratings
9 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aber Falls Single Malt Whisgi Cymreig
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 58.33 points
- "Sorry for any confusion around the numbers, there were 250 bottles allocated for sale in the shop, and additional bottles were set aside for internal uses at the distillery and for the people who work here at Aber. This may have just lead to some different numbers circulating. Apologies again for any confusion around this." - quote from distillery
- Our first distillery exclusive whisky was made in a premium Orange wine cask selected by our distillers as a one-off special release, available exclusively from our on-site Distillery Shop (250 bottles allocated)
Rock filtered water from the famous Aber Falls is mixed with the finest Welsh ingredients. Distilled, aged and bottled at our distillery in Abergywngregyn, nestled between Snowdonia and the shores of the Menai Strait.
Sweet malt, toffee and dark chocolate orange
Rich oak and sweet maltiness, developing into toffee, chocolate and espresso, balanced with rich Seville orange
Long and lingering, sweet with hints of orange and gentle spice
- This tastes like alcoholic surface cleaner.
Harsh and acidic, with a synthetic orange-like aftertaste.
This was not ready to be bottled and I'm not sure it ever will be.
Worst whisky I have ever tried.