- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Oloroso Cask Matured
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Oloroso Matured
- Number of bottles
- 52.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 25 Aug 2021 5:41 pm by Tauti
40 × in wishlist
34 × member ratings
116 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Deanston 2008
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.00 points
- The sherry notes are there in the form of milk chocolate, nuts, raisins and baking spices, but there is something savoury in there too along with oranges, wet leaves, sponge cake, salted caramel and maltiness. Maybe even some pears. A touch of mustiness as well. Yes, this is absolutely delightful.
- Fruity, nice and a fine taste
- Gooseberries and currants, especially on the nose.
But also a bit alcoholic.
The taste is then nice and sweet, but the alcohol then pushes you further.
- Very on the Oloroso side. Woody, dry, lots of spice. I think this bottling could polarize a bit. It's a little too much sherry for me, not enough whisky. If you understand what i mean. But quite drinkable, a slightly different style than the many overloaded sweet bottlings.
starts of quite musky some forest floor and dried leaves it quickly develops into a more standard oloroso sherry profile ripe plums and figs , caramel and marzipan, cranberry and milk chocolate , orange marmalade it ends with a hint of coffee , hazelnuts and a mild tobacco note
rather dry mouth feel
Hazelnuts, milk chocolate and orange marmalade, quite a heavy white pepper note ,ginger and a long balsamic note
medium to long orange Marmalade, balsamic vinegar, roasted coffee beans and burned caramel