- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Elixir Distillers (ElD)
- Bottling serie
- The Single Malts of Scotland
- Stated Age
- 23 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 49.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 20-6339 219
- Bottled for
- Selected by Winetime, Ukraine
- Added on
- 06 Aug 2021 3:43 pm by Kovalyoff
7 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
47 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ben Nevis 1996 ElD
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.38 points
- Beautiful Nevis'96. Creamy, fruity, nutty-waxy, rich. 23-22-23-22
- An excellent classic Nevis, the nose is open and gives everything at once, but if you let it stand for a while, then in the body and finish it opens up brighter and becomes fuller
honey peaches, wax and cream, coriander, ripe mango, melon and bananas, walnuts in oil, ginger
cream with lemon, wood and some spices, apricot kernel jam, nut butter, viscous and rich
ripe citruses, spices in oil, some needles, long enough
- Chic Nevis. Classic profile.
Gorgeous nose. Very sophisticated, as for a sherry barrel. Ripe fruits with whipped cream. Super. 23
The taste is a logical continuation of the aroma, but with the addition of berries, currants are clearly visible. Moderate sweetness, slight sourness. 23
Long enough finish. Softly with a light peppercorn, dried berries.
- Nose 22, taste 22, finish 22, balance 22
- Lots of fruits. Such a large bowl of fruit, but some on the bottom are slightly spoiled.
Peach with a rotten barrel, apricots, one of which is dented. It's the same with apples. Some floral notes and pollen, linden. Candied plum jam your old grandmother discovered.
Sharply candy, with jam and fruit, which are described above, but also warm.
Candy-technical, with cotton candy, tin and oriental yellow sugar on a stick.
- 21 20 20 20 81
this modern acidic / sour sherry style discourages me from drinking whisky, full of sadness, IMHO, well, at least not an alcoholic dram, you can drink it, but how do people praise it, also savor it? it is incomprehensible to the mind, IMHO whisky about nothing ... passed and forgot ...
- A very classic nose for Ben Nevis. Honey mixed with cream and sweet foods.
Having breathed, the nose of a washed and slightly spoiled sherry barrel comes to the fore. And then nothing new appears. This foulbrood, as for me, simplifies alcohol a little.
The taste is good and very balanced with alcohol. Sweetish.
The finish is average. Especially if kept in a glass for a long time. Dried fruits and some wood.
Nose - 22
Taste - 22
Finish - 21
Balance - 22
Rating - 87