- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Matured in Bourbon, Oloroso and PX Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label (2008)
- Added on
- 09 May 2008 10:46 am
49 × in wishlist
718 × member ratings
1627 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Auchentoshan Three Wood
101 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.45 points
- Pleasant chocolate confectionery and perfume moth, excellent balance, spicy, light, especially good aroma, but other components are not far behind. I am a supporter of consumption of whisky in its pure form, but I can not but note the excellent compatibility of this mole with fruit, especially with green grapes.
Milk chocolate, bitter chocolate, raisins and dried apricots, bourbon - perfume notes, a little carpenter workshop and furniture varnish; green grass, weak citrus notes - generally dense, balanced, interesting in development, multifaceted.
Bitter chocolate, oak, pepper, creamy toffee, boiled sugar.
Oak bitterness alternating with chocolate sweetness on the background of pepper and spices, medium duration, warm.
- Normal, smooth NASik. Good nose, average taste and decent aftertaste.
Saucy, bright, dried orange peel, smoked orange, piece of wood, cucumber pickle.
Bread theme, crust of white bread, crackers, orange again, bitterness and astringency of a piece of wood.
Unexpectedly complex, repeats one to one taste.
- Ball purely for the nose. There is nothing to drink here
- 2021-01-19: a bit thin
sweet malty minimal smoke, brown sugar, orange, plum, fruit compote
very light smoke, very subtle chocolate note, tingling cinnamon, a little hazelnut
fruity-sweet oak on a short finish
Sweet, dark raisins and chocolate fudge that transforms in old furniture varnish
Slightly sweet dark chocolate with a creamy texture
Short, dry, strong bitter oak with some bitter chocolate notes
- Sweet and sour, nutty, orange, raisin, oak, berries, light spice. It has a dank ness to it that while brings interest, doesn’t work for me.