- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Release
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- 2nd Fill Sherry Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label (2008)
- Added on
- 09 May 2008 10:36 am
18 × in wishlist
107 × member ratings
200 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Auchentoshan 21-year-old
23 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.19 points
- * Tasted it in June 2013 at a masterclass by Gordon Dundas ( Brand Ambassadeur of Bowmore, Auchentoshan and Glen Garioch) found some old notes.
- It's sweet, malty, a little flat too. Fruits too discreet, a little honey. On the palate, sweet but also spicy. Touch of mouth quite pleasant, but a bit stingy in aromas. Lack of fullness for a 21 year old in the final.
- Gently restorative. Lovely.
Soft and easy. Warm grass on a summers day.Pastry.Custard tarts. Vanilla. Fruity tones, citrus and honey.
Sesame.Nutty.Little bit oily. Dry and round with oak and citrus.
Candied citrus peel.Orange zest.Cedar oak. . Long aftertaste with nuts and citrus.
- Serge Valentin http://www.whiskyfun.com/2017/Auchentoshan-for-better-times.html
Pleasantly complex, burst of creme caramel at first, then banana and starfruit drift by with dark fruits quick to
follow and add to the depth. Hints of metallic and cool steel.
P- Much spicy with more wood coming through, sweet caramel coated thin coffee. Hint of bitter-gourd at the tail. F- Long and smooth, light texture but hold up the rich flavours well. A
return of honey fragrant with spicy pepper, curious vegetal of
bitter-gourd appeared again at the end. Best in their core range.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- At the first tasting I was skeptical, but after a few more sips I have to admit that it is an interesting and balanced drink, it probably is not entirely for me and I would like to say that the price is overstated due to the performance
Fine, sweet-brewed-travites, honey, malt, polish for furniture. There is also the mint and the light traces of woodyness that I would expect of a much stronger one for 21 years in a barrel
Highly sweet with hints of grass - woody, vanilla, malt, more acidic fruit with honey and light spicy
In reverberation, woodiness, malt and soft spices - medium-long
creamy, oily, wood, spices
typical, freshly mown grass