- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 3
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 52.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 04 Nov 2010 10:47 pm
7 × in wishlist
54 × member ratings
89 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1990
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.12 points
- Bottle # 13 sold empty at ebay.
- Yes, finally an old Glendronach Single Cask. 1990 - the year of reunification and the world title in Rome. It's been a long time, but I remember the year 1990. Of course, these associations resonate with this Glendronach. I like it very much, even if I'm more of the Oloroso fan. For its "only" 20 years, the Glendronach has a lot to offer. A wonderful, heavy sweetness paired with a wonderfully subtle, but subtle spiciness. How to do it. It's a pity that you can not get anything from such old batches. I have 91 points for today
BOAH! Lick me at the rear ... has not been so long for an old Glendronach in the glass for so long. An amazing sherry sweetie! Plums, pickled raisins, blackberries, candied sugar, a hint of pepper and a bright cigar box. If you smell for a while, you will find some light citrus notes. Very nice!
Wonderfully creamy is the Glendronach in the mouth. The alcohol is very well integrated with its 52.6% and does not bother at all. Lots of sherry, a lot of sweet PX, but the tannins of the oak make a nice impression. The plums are coming through again very well. These are joined by notes of noble bittersweet chocolate followed by grounding white pepper. The longer he puts more coffee in the mouth. This changes wonderfully with each other.
Edit or delete
A wonderfully looooong finish. At the beginning, the sweetness of the PX sherry still dominates. Over time, however, the typical tannins of oak come through. Very pleasant in the mouth, the salivation is extremely stimulated. Wonderfully complex.
- Batch 3 contains the following bottles:
1989 cask 3833
1990 cask 3059
1990 cask 3068
1991 cask 2512
1996 cask 202
- Single dram. Blind tasting. 2014_10
sherry, meaty, dusty, sweet plums, faint gunpowder, porridge, brown sugar, metallic/bronze, earthy (88).
tannic, sherry, earthy / sulphury, some cellulose / cardboard, turning sweeter & more dried fruits nhancing the balance (89 / 91 later).
more sherry, alc / anaestetic, meal, faint yeastyness, more tannins, turning sweeter later on (92).
- N: strong and fat PX sherry, lightly put on, spicy, leaves, earthy, rum, raisins and cocoa G: fat sherry, dry, spicy, plum and oak F: long with sherry, dry, sweet, raisins and chocolate, oak
beautiful Sherrymalt, unfortunately, the PX somehow something planted, if the better integrated, we would have a dream whisky here! 87 points
- at this age…….just enjoy.
ripe raisins and dates, dark chocolate,walnuts,some floral nottes
creamy and smooth, huge intense sherry notes, dark chocolate
sweet cinnamon, complex
long and sweet, coffee chestnuts, fruity and more….
- N: oily, vegetation, honey, spicy, walnuts and wood
T: nuts, dried fruits and wood smoke (?)
F: spicy and orange
tasted with Aby
- nose: full-sherry, walnuts, dried fruits, dry wood
taste: dry, spicy, x-mas cake
overall: better than previous tasting 87p
retasted with E.Elixer