- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Distillers Edition
- Calculated age
- 11 years old
- Double Matured in Amoroso Cask Wood
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 200 ml 700 ml 750 ml 1000 ml
- Bottle code
- TD-S: 5MY
- Added on
- 27 Oct 2010 3:49 pm
27 × in wishlist
190 × member ratings
469 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 1999
21 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.89 points
- Full aroma. Simply delicious. Orange, peat (subtle) and fruit. Sherry felt little. Rather rounding off. Great whisky.
- Excellent and at perfect drinking strength.
Worth getting if you can find it at the right price at auction.
Reminds me of some Port Ellen but not as refined. The peat is evident and so is the sherry. I also get Tar, brine and a little mint.
More kick than I was expecting but very good with it and also smooth. I get faint hints of blood orange, lemon, slight liquorice taste and treacle toffee but the very dark kind. I also get hints of strong mint like when you had a trebor extra strong mint 5 minutes earlier and your palate is still fresh from it.
Quite long, smooth peaty sweet finish
- Great whisky. PS: I do not judge the color of dyed whisky.
Peat smoke, sea salt, a little peppery, fruity and caramel. With water adds an oak wood note and the peat smoke increases.
Strong, complex, a little salt. A mix of dark fruit and spices.
Long, warm and very aromatic.
Seaweed, peat smoke, sea salt, followed by Sherry sweetness, caramel, ripe dark fruits, spices, Christmas stollen, blood orange, some wood. Monstrously complex.
Pepper, orange, fruit note becomes darker, peat smoke remains behind. Oily and very voluminous.
Pleasant, long, wood and warm smoke remain. Warming and very balanced.
- Nose 22, taste 21, finish 22, balance 22
- Good quality dram. Nice minerality and fruitness.
Still i prefer 1996 vintage to this one!