- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 22 Jul 2007 10:00 pm
6 × in wishlist
231 × member ratings
560 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenrothes Select Reserve
39 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.24 points
- Caramel, oak, spice, with fruit. Very balanced. In the mouth then sweet, but slightly alcoholic, spicy and toffee. In the finish then a bit harsh and unfortunately pretty fast away. Yet again a solid Speysider.
- Fruity, malty, some vanilla and at the end quite a lot of oak. Nice starter, easy to drink, not complex.
- After about 10 minutes the whisky opens up. At first it's a very pleasant, well-balanced whisky. The maturation seems a bit too short to hold, though. The balance starts to break down about 30 minutes into it. With enough time, the nose shows more solvent notes and a bit
more smoke, and the taste shows more powerful floral and grain notes and less
Candied ginger and grainy malt spirit, green oak tannins and
barrel char, grassy vanilla and cocoa, pineapple and fuji apples, honeycomb and
Oak tannins, floral honey, malt and dark chocolate, picked ginger, dry sherry tannins.
Floral citrus, touch of dried fruits and wax, fades to a
gentle warming baking spice.
Ripe fruit,soft malty tones, hints of herbs,spicy.
Some blackberries,sultanas,dried fruit,citrus and vanilla.
Middle long, a nice soft complex aftertaste .
- On the nose, excessive vanilla, yellow fruit and malt On the palate, alcohol, vanilla, some spices, then almond liqueur In the final, quite short on the same feelings
for those who love a vanilla DRAM, simply enjoy it as a dessert!
- As others also mention. Especially butterscotch. Weather's original candies, but then liquid. Little complex but soft and tasty with a piece of chocolate. Only in the finish you notice that it is still young. But for this price a more than fine whisky. In the style of Glenrothes today. More fudgy and less fruit and complexity. Meanwhile, just very tasty with some choco or nuts.
- Select Reserve has been replaced by Vintage Reserve - really no loss
Vanilla, little toffee and pears
Butterscotch, butterscotch, butterscotch, little other