- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Distillers Edition
- Portwine Cask Finished
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 24 Oct 2010 1:56 pm
4 × in wishlist
47 × member ratings
106 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cragganmore 1997
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.95 points
- Not usually a big fan of portcasks, but this works pretty well. Wine, dates, figs and spices and a hint of smoke, a bit sweet for me, but not bad at all.
- ... a tasty, pleasant, soft and delicious filling - the port finish is very present in the nose as well as in the taste - a delicious Speysider ...
unfortunately with dye ...
very fruity (cherry, plum), vinous, clearly port, malt, some oak;
enjoyable; mild, soft start, very aromatic; Port wine, grapes, caramel, sweetness, malt, spices and oak; slightly bitter;
medium length, vinous, fruity and dry oak;
- - a really good DE from the Classic Malt of Scotland range
- significantly better than the standard Cragganmore 12 y.
- is similar in character to the Glenmorangie
Quinta Ruban 12 yrs, but not that good
very fruity, intensely aromatic, lots of dark fruits, berries, grapes, plums, very pleasant, smells clearly older than 12 years, complex and aromatic, very cool nose!
Powerful start, mix of clear oaks and a strong fruit aroma, intense and aromatic, dark berries, raisins, cherries, unfortunately not quite as hot as the nose promises, but still damn tasty, unfortunately fades very quickly
strong medium-long fruity finish;
short oak-heavy aftertaste
- Nose 21, taste 22, finish 22, balance 21
- 21 21 22 21 85
- N21 P21 F22 B21
- A little bit
Fruitful perfume scent. Port wine, plums, raisins, red oranges, woodiness, malt, lemon peel, fine spiciness
Raisins, cherries in chocolate, port, oranges, quite dominant woodyness and a very decent dose of spices
Primarily, cereals, light plum chops and bitter bitterness in combination with spiciness - but not unpleasant - medium-long