- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Glass label, different boat, without seagulls, without "Single Malt Scotch Whisky"
- Added on
- 29 Sep 2010 11:33 am
5 × in wishlist
35 × member ratings
141 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Old Pulteney 12-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.67 points
- Very interesting for a taste test. Not sure I'd buy a whole bottle.
Nose: light, sweet, flowery, not smokey
Tongue: special flavour - kind of intense, not in a bad way.
Finish: not too intense. Kind of herbal. Not very smokey or peaty.
Tasted on 2021-03-27, Virtual Tasting - Whisky & Cheese
Paired with: Paillot de Chèvre
- A very light everyday Whisky. Gentle sweetness (butterscotch?), little bit of vanilla. In the finish you get a little bit of an alcoholic touch.
Soft and bright butterscotch
Light salty caramel, bitterness, and smoke, a little bit sharp
- Wonderful mix of honey lime and a hint of the sea with some light floral notes as well.
- Soft edged whisky. Not a special whisky, but it has some tertiary, earthy notes which makes it interesting to me. Aroma's of sourdough bread with some light fruity notes on the background. Soft attack in the mouth, and the taste goes on for more than 10 minutes. good whisky
- Since I like the new 12er clearly better
Salt with honey
Banana, honey, a bit of cereal
slightly alcoholic with a short to medium-long finish
- A flat thing. I miss the character.