- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 58.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottled for
- USA Exclusive
- Added on
- 09 Oct 2010 3:32 pm
3 × in wishlist
8 × member ratings
15 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1995
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.50 points
- Smooth, well integrated & balanced. Better than the standard 15 year old.
- So nice of GlenDronach to send this one to the US. Beautiful complexity, all the scrumptious sherry notes of spiced fruit and nuts you expect with an added oily flavor and texture. A beast in flavor, yet hides the 58% incredibly well. I have held whisky tastings with up to 12 other highly rated drams and when we get to this one, people really start talking. Looks like I`m doomed to keep GlenDronach single casks in stock now.
- Nose is wonderful and floral, Taste like a wonderful Sherry Dram with spice and toffee, Body is medium to subtle. Finish is amazing and long. Priced right, and nice tube display
- This was a wonderful find in San Francisco in the 2011 WhiskyFest event. It is well balanced and has an amazing finish for a 15 year old. Nice for anytime and to share with friends.
- Takes water, but not too much. I find a teaspoon - teaspoon +1/2 gives a very smooth sexy drinkable dram. And that wonderful dark chocolate / milk chocolate aftertaste... and the glass after drinking is left with the wonderful aroma of a FRESH clean sherry cask... wonderful!
Fresh oak, spices galore (nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves...), and a whole assortment of tropical fruits.
Fruity, but not overly sweet as I feared due to the PX Sherry maturation. Slight hints of smoke... then it fades away into silky dry fruits and chocolates....
Dark & Milk chocolate ! Chocolate coated malt candies. Clean , fresh oak. Absolutely brilliant.