- Single Malt
- James Mc Allister's Selection (McA)
- Bottling serie
- Distilleries de Matha Import
- Oakwood Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 05 Oct 2010 9:16 pm
7 × in wishlist
39 × member ratings
48 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin 1976 McA
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.73 points
- This has a lovely fruit finish and it is really warming, great stuff, love it.
- Very good and direct, but almost too "easy".
A very direct and pleasant nose. Balanced and sweet. Exotic fruits first. Then some mango, a little banana. Butter. Apricot. From the apple Light mint and basil.
In the mouth a little soft. Deep fishing. In syrup. Light woody. Light anise.
Finale on the apricot thoroughly. Fruit syrup.
- Very good quality / price / aging.
Its only defect that prevents it to exceed 90/100 is a low level of aroma.
A very fruity, melted nose that prevents me from discerning with clarity a particular fruit
Spices too (vanilla +++), marzipan
The mouth follows the nose
Can be a bit more pastry
We feel the wood slightly but it is not negative
The final on spices, short to medium