- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Michiel Wigman (MW)
- Bottling serie
- They Inspired II
- Monbazillac Cask
- Number of bottles
- 51.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- serie 2.1 artwork and design by Hans Dillesse
- Added on
- 10 May 2021 9:05 pm by anthony_holland
11 × in wishlist
44 × member ratings
69 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Secret Islay 2007 MW
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.41 points
- Fruit and peat smoke, sweet with spices. Good Ila. At the level of the new maltbarn. 22-22.5-22.5-22
- The first bottle (serie 2.1) of the They Inspired II series by Michiel Wigman.
A chic malt for lovers of peat bogs!
I assume based on its taste and aroma that it is either Lagavulin or Lafroeig. And since Lagavulin only works with barrels of bourbon and sherry, I put on Lafroeig, aged in a barrel from Monbaziyak.
And yes, Miles Davis on the label is super cool!
Nose: sweet and punchy, dessert smoke from smoking plums, apricots, almonds, 22 minerality
Taste: successfully played a wine barrel on this peat bog, sweet smoke, dessert plums and apricot pits, later citrus and peppermint appear 23
Finish: long-lasting, oily, oily 22
- An unexpected combination of salty tones and sweet dried fruits.
Smoke, iodine, salt, dried plums, cherries, apricots, a little spices and powdered sugar.
Smoky, sweet, with a little salt, with raisins, prunes and dried apricots. With iodine.
Tart, sweet and after salty, smoky, long-lasting.
- Dessert whisky, delicious and positive!
- Good sherried caol ila, flavours well in balance. Drinking hotter then it's strenght