9 × in wishlist
9 × member ratings
52 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ben Nevis 2005 WSP
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.14 points
- Youngish quintessentially Ben Nevis, trademark funk, exotic notes, orchard fruits, custard cream, some alcohol bite, fresh, dirty and enjoyable
- Wonderful cream, strawberries and sour rhubarb on the nose, with some grease, farmyard, almonds and funky vegetal notes. More vanilla cream and fruit on the palate, with honey some mineral bite and sweet smokey mint on the finish. Classic Ben Nevis.
- At the very beginning, there were swampy notes in the fragrance. After 50 minutes, they completely disappeared and left wonderful peaches with oranges. I liked the very dense, oily body. Very good for such a young age.
- Young, sharp, not very balanced. The profile can be felt in the aroma, but the taste fails. 21.5-20-21.5-21
- Nose: Bread, yeast, Japanese ramen, you can still find a bit of BN genes, floral fragrance, glue, here, the aroma is definitely not good. (Or the last cup of Bowmore from 1987 still has an impact on me) Inferior dried mangoes, banana pancakes, citrus, but they are definitely not very complicated and their expressiveness is average.
Drink: Medium-bodied, citrus is the main theme, and the expressiveness is good. The overall expression is simple and direct.
Overall: I tasted this whisky twice before and after. The first time I felt better, but both times I thought the whole was very simple and straightforward.
- Quite interesting profile, but too much butterscotch and new make spirit for me
Citric, white grapes, butterscotch, vanilla, touch of new make
Espresso croquant, caramel, vanilla candy, caramelized nuts, little more butterscotch, spices, ginger, white pepper, walnuts, some herbs
Medium long, warm, spicy, zesty, more coffee and nutty notes, grapefruit, lemon zest