- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Release 3
- Calculated age
- 06 years old
- 65% ex-Bourbon and 35% ex-Sherry Casks
- Number of bottles
- 46.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 06 May 2021 4:20 pm by PastyKing
57 × in wishlist
92 × member ratings
963 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardnamurchan AD/04.21:03
25 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.04 points
- Nose on white wine a bit green, palate is quite impressive for such a young whisky, peat, citrus, good balance, very promising
- My first AD / glad that some local dealers were not as greedy as the internet....
N: fresh oak at the carpenter...pineapple, lemon decent cool peat and seaspray.. menthol... decent flower honey...iodine
M: Fresh oak the tropical fruits again...slight candle wax ...honey..Menthol, iodine..touch of milk chocolate...ginger
F: Ginger...ashy.. limoncello... Pimento..
Very distellery driven which is not bad here it's a damn good destilate imo.. if I should describe it very short island peat, seaspray and spice mixed with highland texture and intense fruitiness + iodine ... definitely different and unique...like the idea that they're not trying to hide the youth behind some sweet wine and virgin Oak casks....just Bourbon an sherry in maybe the best percentage. Definitely very good for 5yo! Not too complex but round balanced and easily quaffable... Quite a long limoncello dominated finish..
I don't have bad feeling giving this bottle 86 Pts.
Sweet and ripe yellow fruits, tart notes, light peat, ashy wood, milk chocolate, forest honey, mineral notes. Very round and well balanced - some adult whiskys don't manage that.
Vanilla sauce, ginger, milk chocolate and ripe citrus fruits, peach, light wood, herbs, lively and round.
Feels more sherry than the taste, a lot of chocolate, yellow fruits and spices of various intensities, charcoal.
- Mainly off-notes. It's so bad I'll need to get a second sample to be sure the sample wasn't ruined somehow.
Cardboard, plastic and clay.
Plastic, cocoa, caramel, a whiff of smoke.
- I like the style of peat, similar to Highland Park.
Big potential in this distillery.
- Quite a mature whisky for its young age. Nice combination of some gentle peat, fruits, saltiness. Very pleasant one.
Quite full,fruity, ripe fruits, citrus. Some subtle peat, earthy, ash, earthy. Some sea breeze. Also some hints of milk chocolate.
Some sparkling alcohol but not too hefty. More smokiness and peat now, without being an outspoken peated whisky. Earthy, some fruit, orange.
More power, more peat and smoke initially. Sweet notes, and fruity, orange. A bit mineral. Pretty long. Some sea weed.
- Pale yellow. Nose: some peat, citrus, pear. Taste: sweet, barrel, sweet smoke, barrel, vanilla.
- Wonderful nose of herbs and mint.
The taste is herbal with a hint of hay and a little honey.
But very alcoholic.
I'm looking forward to the 10 year old bottlings.
a little earthy (sweet)