Cambus 1991 BR

Strength
03 may 2021 3:25 pm by maltaholic

£ 194.35

Whisky Reviews for Cambus 1991 BR

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.00 points

1. TuduriLCW scored this whisky 90 points Member Senior

For a Single grain, it's really superb.
      I let it air out 1 hour before plunging my nose into it, it is very fine, beautiful complexity, I detect an aroma of old parchment, exotic fruit, alcohol does not jump at all in the nose, agave and jasmine.
    • Taste
      On the palate, the texture is oily, I find the exotic fruit, a beautiful mineral freshness, the white tea, it's super elegant.
      The finish is considerably long, on the aromas mentioned above, this white tea side dominates, it is really very good.

2. grinface scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

Nicely balanced and wonderfully drinkable. Clearly a grain and that's definitely a good thing in this case.

Full review, alongside six other single grain whisky: https://keinehalbendrinks.de/2022/04/02/single-grain-single-cask/

3. dereinejo scored this whisky 91 points Expert Senior

Having grown fond of old single grains for the past year, this Cambus in this beautiful bottle from Berry Brothers & Rudd came at just the right time. But I've opened it a few weeks now after having a sample last year and would like to write down my thoughts on it here today, when we taste it again.
      At the beginning, slightly pungent alcohol and quite a distinct smell of furniture polish - not unpleasant for me - but maybe also because I grew up in a carpenter's workshop. Then dried fruit – no raisins, more dried apricots. The wood, which is clearly present, is not disturbing, rather pleasant and is complemented by aged leather and a hint of cinnamon stick. The nose of the whiskey gains significantly when given sufficient time to breathe. It's fun to breathe the grain!
    • Taste
      After my tongue has gotten used to the alcohol, I taste dried fruit and apricots again, but also dried bananas. A pleasant not overloaded sweetness. But also spices of pastries. A shortbread tastes great with it. I don't find the whiskey as soft as other old grains. He pushes the tongue out with his clearly audible alcohol, but remains very bearable for me. My tongue demands some calming with espresso or even chocolate - not too bitter. Delicious!
      The finish is actually quite long. A little tannin lingers on the palate. And again and again these not too sweet dried fruits. I bought a second bottle.

Whiskybase was founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.