- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Murray McDavid (MM)
- Bottling serie
- Mystery Malt - Limited Release
- Stated Age
- 06 years old
- Bourbon Hogshead - Finish: Ximénez-Spinola PX
- 2013301 - 2013306
- Number of bottles
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 22 Apr 2021 10:07 pm by DulischM
4 × in wishlist
5 × member ratings
15 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Safe Haven 2014 MM
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.00 points
- A small batch release at 50%, natural colour and non chill filtered for just over £40 direct from the bottler. Ok yeah it’s young and not that complex but that works for heavily peated whisky and so did the PX casks in this case. It’s very well balanced between smoke and sweet. Given that Ledaig means safe haven in Gaelic I’d barely call this a mystery. Anyway, it’s excellent imho and at that price I ordered another bottle after my second tasting - something that I do very rarely.
- Nice dram for a nice price, he is young and yet a lot of taste. Rumor has it it's a Ledaig.......I've tasted it and I think it could be......
Peat smoke with citrus fruits, maritime notes, honey and alcoholic spice.
Peat smoke with maritime and vinous notes, citrus fruits and honey.
Long with peat smoke, maritime and vinous notes, honey, spices and citrus fruits.