10 × in wishlist
36 × member ratings
153 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenmorangie X
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.91 points
- X By Glenmorangie is made for mixing. It was designed with top bartenders from all over the world and specifically created as a single malt for mixers and cocktails matured in bourbon barrels & smoked American oak casks. It’s said to have a richer and sweeter taste and it’s bottled at a low 40% ABV.
- Nice soft whisky good to mix
- Unfortunately a very simple whisky that has little to offer besides orange notes and sweetness. Glenmorangie can definitely do better than that.
- Floral simple without corners and edges
- Simple and empty enough whisky, but very "drinkable". No worse than many samples without age indication, and one can feel the Glenmorangie pedigree in it.
Mainly composed of pleasant malt flavors (croissant, white bread baguette). Deeper - pear and young bark.
Sweet pastries, vanilla, cinnamon, green apple.
Short, malty dominant, fruity sweetness, spices and tannins.
- Simple but tasty whisky for a good price.
Pears with vanilla, tangerines, honey, floral notes and oak aromas.
Pears and mandarins, honey and oak aromas.
Medium length with tangerines, honey and oak aromas.
- It is not a very deep whisky, but it is also meant to be mixed with. The taste is mainly orange. He certainly isn't dirty, just don't expect a distinct single malt.
- Surprisingly great just to drink neat - no cocktail needed! I think I might even prefer this to their already classic and delicious “Original”. Lots of zesty orange notes on the nose and first sip. Chocolate and ginger too. A really great, easy drinking malt whisky :-)