- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Murray McDavid (MM)
- Bottling serie
- Benchmark - Limited Release
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 1st Fill Koval Bourbon Finish
- 313709A to 313713
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 19 Apr 2021 6:21 pm by Fat Bastard!
one in wishlist
7 × member ratings
10 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Linkwood 2012 MM
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.50 points
- This Linkwood is quite different in smell, but the taste is typical Linkwood. A young but exciting whisky from this distillery.
Vanilla, caramel, popcorn. Mint and spiciness from the Koval barrels.
Tropical fruit, herbs, oak wood, vanilla, banana meringues
FINISH: Orange, brown sugar, soft malt.
Medium malty finish, vanilla, orange, spices, brown sugar.
- Subtle soft nose that demands and deserves attention and time. There is a very soft vanilla component that I really like. In the taste again a lot of sweet, fruit, with an emphatic strawberry taste in the aftertaste. The fellow tasters also talk about caramel (agree) and foam blocks (disagree). Great whisky this, despite the fact that I like to taste a bit more bite and character in my favorites. These classic Speysiders are not very recalcitrant.