- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 09 years old
- First Fill Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 58.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 16 Apr 2021 9:53 pm by Ras Mazunga
24 × in wishlist
45 × member ratings
118 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Edradour 2011 vW
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.93 points
- wonderful edradu! powerful! still a bomb) nut, chocolate, pepper, fermented plums, water improved the taste, but a little begged for flavor and finish. 23-23-22-22 (90, maybe even 91).
- Young, sharp and strong. Yes, sherry decorates all this a little, but I do not understand how you can enjoy it. Another 10 years in the barrel and it would be good.
- Never would have recognized blindly in this Edradour whisky. Moreover, I would have doubted that it was whisky at all, rather rum. Water does not help either. At the moment the average score is about 89, I'm at a loss ...
Salted overdried dried fruits, a little iodine or menthol, tobacco. With a drop of water, it becomes a little rounder and more pleasant, but still a very flat profile
Dry and hot peppers, spices
Eucalyptus and iodine, some citrus and wood
Sulfur, protruding degrees, modern sherry barrel, dark chocolate, coffee, prunes, cherry compote
Bitterness spoils the overall impression, warms up, pepper, all spice, rosewood, spices for baking, nutmeg
Finish as if chewing tobacco with pepper, alcohol protrudes strongly, sharp corners are not smoothed
- Tasting: October 2021
A clear scent of mash, dark chocolate, fermented plums, cooked vegetables, young spirits. Interesting nose but very young.
A direct explosion of dates and raisins, dried fruits and red berries, dark chocolate that is a bit bitter. Alcoholic and young.
With water: Better balance, the chocolate become less bitter and more light dried fruits. A creamy heat that becomes dominant to the finish with red fruits and dates.
Creamy sweetness with heat, chocolate, red fruits and a little bitterness.
- Sherry bomb! With the addition of water, it opens up brighter.
Smoked plums, compote cherries, figs, dark chocolate with nuts, drevestny 23
Powerful, sweet, chocolate-covered cherry, slightly peppery and woody 23
Long-lasting, sweet with a transition to woody sourness 22