- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Rhum J.M Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 59.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Kirsch Import
- Added on
- 14 Apr 2021 4:11 pm by Tauti
21 × in wishlist
13 × member ratings
59 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ballechin 2008
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.91 points
- MichelW, if it's the best whisky you've ever drunk, with a utopian 98 points, why are you selling this whisky for a cheeky 169.90?
- It's a shame how "normal" dealers want to collect over 30% surcharge here, the first shop price was € 95, some shops want € 140 and more, the hobby is slowly taking a sad path
- Worst thing I've ever drunk.
NOT a good buy for> 100 €
- I do not know either...
It smells absolutely great (slight dryness, nice sweetness paired with subtle smoke), alcohol is perfectly integrated, I would never assume 59%. The sweetness of rum is there, the smoke is there but very subtle. In and of itself a very round and beautiful composition.
To be honest, I feel ripped off by the whisky ... Why?
As round as it is, the alcohol has the heat of young alcohol. You can tell what potential the whisky would have had and it was simply bottled too early. I think it's sad that you haven't waited a few years here and only then bottled it. To make matters worse, there is the price of 94 € ... If it had cost 60 €, I would not have said anything. But hey ... Is that the new quality you can expect for 100 € ??? No thanks.
So don't get me wrong ... I thought it was good (81 points). I'm just very disappointed that it doesn't keep what it promises (label, age, price).
I am very worried that this is the direction in which the whisky world is developing ... Cool label on it, the main thing is barrel strength, small edition .... It is bought one way or another because the market has become so big that you have no other chance anyway Than has to pay any price and just strike blindly.
- Yes, 98 points are absolutely incomprehensible ...
I like the combination, it's not common. Had to buy some before they disappeared from the market. And the dealers who are now offering the whisky with high surcharges ... what can one say ...
- Best thing i ever drank
- Ballechin went an experimental step further – and expanded the “heavily peated” Highlander in a Rhum Agricole barrel. Previously filled with the highly aromatic AOC Rhum Agricole Martinique from the small distillery Rhum J.M, the barrel makes this Ballechin an exotic special bottling. The label of the 12-year-old emphasizes this: It is based on the flag of the Caribbean island. Only 274 bottles are available
- Best thing i ever drank