- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 26 years old
- Refill American Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 50.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Batch 21/031
- Added on
- 13 Apr 2021 9:10 am by blacknapkins
17 × in wishlist
2 × member ratings
14 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardmore 1994 GM
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.00 points
- This Ardmore from G&M is also convincing.
- These ‘new’ GM bottlings are rather priced up unfortunately. This is withholding me to buy them in lot’s of occasions. But then off course, exceptions are everywhere and I have to say this is one of them. Exceptionally well matured.
Candystore! Sweet but well matured and with a savory layer underneath. Gummy bears and winegums. A subtle and great integrated layer of peat. I get a sensation of ship rope which, in my opinion, is responsible for that typical flavor of older peated whisky.
It’s very soft and gentle! Almost shy initially. After that a slowmotion explosion of dried herbs, cinnamon powder, paprika powder, cigarette tobacco and earthy, sweet peat. Finally it builds up to a thick, syrupy and mouth coating body. Truly lovely stuff!
The long and delicate finish is rather mineral like and gives again dried herbs, subtle peat and also a sensation of wet tobacco.
This is a whisky you need to dive into and concentrate. Definitely not a beginners dram but very rewarding when you sit down and take your time with it! Simply lovely how the peat developed after such a long time. Despite of the price I would give this a serious buy recommendation.
- Impression after three drams: A dram to take your time with: it develops very well and has a lot of depth to offer. It has a unique light 'floral' type of peat, and a full and rich taste beyond the more subtle nose.