34 × in wishlist
189 × member ratings
523 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 1994
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.74 points
- A great smoky dram that becomes more with the warming effect of the sweet PX sherry, Still a little bit more body was very welcome.
- Smoke and leather are quickly overtaken by a sherry not too opulent (I have the impression that it is typical of Pedro Ximenez who does not "dripping" like the Oloroso, he knows how to stand!). Hot and deep. Dry dark chocolate. On the palate, peat obviously. Thick, fleshy, rich, dense. The 16 years ended in sherry what! Sweet spices in the mouth that turns into chilli in the finish. The sherry is subtle, it does not dominate the dram. Enthusiasm 4/5
- Tasted with Aby and j j
Orange, peat, tear, ashes and some syrup.
Liquorice, smoke, briny - salt and pepper.
Ashes, peat and peper.
- IWSC 2012 - Gold Medal - Whisky - Scotch
- Heavy smoke, intense and very sweet with a clear sherry note. Absolute tip. I needed some time to fully develop it
- As good a Lagavulin as I've tasted. Hie thee to Islay!
Immediate complex phenolics: dried crab shells, rock pools, wet seaweed, Dutch salted liquorice, woodsmoke, chili, barbecued peppers and in time engine oil.
The oily quality coats the tongue. Not just about the smoke but a welling up of languorous, rich fruits which mix with shore, violet, laurel (bog myrtle) Ever-changing.
Ripe, long and complex.