42 × in wishlist
216 × member ratings
604 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 1994
25 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.74 points
- Very nice balance between sherry and peat, finish falls a bit short and lacks complexity , very drinkable
- Ralfy review 831: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvXhRTMnmLw (90/100).
"It is a delightful and very distinctive, personality loaded version of Lagavulin."
- One of the best whiskys.
Only the 'Ardbeg Supernova Stellar Release' can top that.
- 87. Good balance.
Nose: sweet smoke, dark chocolate, tobacco
Taste: wood, raisins, cherry in alcohol
Finish: long, warm, raisin roll, caramel
- Very sweet, a lot of smoke, which is ironed out by the sherry fruit but almost too much.
- A great smoky dram that becomes more with the warming effect of the sweet PX sherry, Still a little bit more body was very welcome.
- Smoke and leather are quickly overtaken by a sherry not too opulent (I have the impression that it is typical of Pedro Ximenez who does not "dripping" like the Oloroso, he knows how to stand!). Hot and deep. Dry dark chocolate. On the palate, peat obviously. Thick, fleshy, rich, dense. The 16 years ended in sherry what! Sweet spices in the mouth that turns into chilli in the finish. The sherry is subtle, it does not dominate the dram. Enthusiasm 4/5