- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- A2 121/152L1 03:48 23SEP05 048345
- Added on
- 10 Sep 2010 7:45 pm
10 × in wishlist
63 × member ratings
224 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 10-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.03 points
Pungent, smoke-accented, rounded.
Smoky, malty sweet, with sourness and a very big
Very peppery, huge, long.
- very high quality and enjoyable. Cannot expect more from a ten year old...
well balanced with peat smoke, salt and sweeter malty notes
sweet barley sugar, peat and brine. Maybe a little citrus. Not overly complex but delicious
medium long on the trade mark peppery notes
- "A wonderful award-winning Island malt bottled at above average strength with a comforting smooth afterglow. Brilliant gold in appearance. A nose of peat-smoke with sea-water saltiness, the liquor of fresh oysters, a citrus sweetness. A rich dried-fruit sweetness with clouds of smoke and strong barley-malt flavors, warming and intense. At the back of the mouth is an explosion of pepper. Huge, long, peppery finish with an appetising sweetness." - Distillery
- Talisker is an Island Single Malt Scotch whisky produced by the Talisker Distillery, Carbost, Scotland; the only distillery on the Isle of Skye.A wonderful award-winning Island malt bottled at above average strength with a comforting smooth afterglow. Strength: 45.8% ABV
- My favorite go to whisky worthy of 007.
- Fresh, vibrant. Appetizingly briny, with notes of seaweed, fishnets,
lemongrass, smoke, and damp peat. A bed of light toffee provides
contrast and balance. It finishes with a knockout punch: powerfully
peppery and salty. This whisky remains a beautifully dynamic and bold
- One of the best!
Hot and spicy. Dominating (in a good way). Smoke. Powdered sugar.
Spicy, malty, and peppery. Sweet grist, or syrup. White pepper. Very complex and rounded.
Long, spicy, and warming. More pepper.