- Whiskybase ID
- Killarney Distilling Company (KDco)
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- Imperial Stout Barrel
- Batch No.B301
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Premium Blend - Small Batch
- Added on
- 19 Mar 2021 10:11 pm by whisky313
3 × in wishlist
4 × member ratings
29 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Killarney Irish Whiskey 08-year-old KDco
2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.50 points
- Killarney Irish Whiskey is an 8 year old premium blend sourced from some of the finest distilleries in Ireland. This small batch collector's item is paired with a one-off imperial stout, marking the 8 year inception of Killarney Brewing & Distilling Co and celebrating the upcoming completion of Irelands largest independently owned and co-located distillery, brewery and visitor experience. A small batch of imperial stout was brewed to complement and enhance the flavours of this premium Killarney Irish Whiskey. The stout was then matured for 6 months in their whiskey barrels. Afterwards the whiskey was transferred back into these casks to take on the flavours of the stout.
- It's a great inaugural whiskey coming from Killarney Brewing company. A bit pricey for an 8 year old blend but when you factor in the imperial stout included when you purchase it and the wooden packaging, it's not that bad.
Fruity nose which is unexpected given the imperial stout finish. Green mango, peach, and pear.
Like a strong arabica coffee with milk. Lively at the start then the creaminess takes over.
Ends with a bit of tartness. Medium finish.