28 × in wishlist
15 × member ratings
21 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ben Nevis 1997 WSP
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.00 points
- On the nose there’s sour fruit, vanilla cream, eucalyptus, some ash, barino sweets, as well as some industrial chemical notes. Soft and oily on the palate with enveloping raisins, butter and caramel, some sweet mint and black tea. More ash and smoke on the finish, with bitter chalk balanced by sweet butterscotch. Classic Ben Nevis mix of fruits and minerals, with the industrial side and the nose in particular a highlight.
- Also pretty drinkable - probably little below the Edition No. 22B
White wine, dry hay, banana, coconut powder, som egreen fruits, carambole, lemon peel, raisins - not bad
Little punchy, subtle sweetness, fruity, green apple, yellow grape, lemon peel, little grapefruit, little leafy - pretty good
Medium long, warm, zesty
- Jisses, what a bad luck i must have with these sponges, this one is in the same category as the two other ones i tried this evening, new make with foot sweat odor, but it is better than that, sweet, peppery, wine, syntetic, plastic, that turkish lemon spray oil again, slite chemical, some butterscotchs notes.
it my be my buds this evening, but HELLO, at this prices i´ll expect hi 80´s or maybe low 90´s
- Nose: very new-make inclined, dough, grappa, copper etc.
Palate: bitter notes with ginger, pepper, sugar, minerals
Finish: leafy with sugar and minerals, very raw and short
Body: light & thin, watery
Way down below average IB Ben Nevis, in fact the worst of Ben Nevis I've ever experienced. Guess some selector could really ruin his career by bottling this one, we'll see how it goes.
- Absolutely a bottle of undrinkable stuff.
A failed Ben Nevis.
scbp-6640, if the nose is blocked today, then drinking this should be fine. 79
Can not ignore the smell of new wine, dough, chemical reagents, grape pomace, Grappa. Wake up after a while, plastic equipment, vanilla, cream, lemon essential oil, dust, challenge the lower limit of the smell of spirits. 70
Much better than smelling the fragrance! Over-sweet peat-free pennicillin, ginger candy, ginger ale, lemon essential oil, vanilla, caramel, fruity fudge, and then finished with grapefruit peel. Medium strength, strong oiliness, astringent, medium bitterness. p86b86
Increased irritation, sticky ginger bitter, ginseng, grapefruit skin is bitter, burnt, slightly uncomfortable. 82