- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Oak, part finished in Ex-Caribbean Rum barrel
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 24 Feb 2021 9:49 pm by GlenM56
7 × in wishlist
51 × member ratings
253 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.45 points
- Not for me. simple and short finish with a hint of the rum cask taste, not that bad but not again for me
- Nice fruity
Cherry bonbons mandarin peel raisin
Red tropical fruit raisin sweet pepper laurel grass
Spicy liquorice with a bitter taste
- I really like the Captains Reserve, so bought it blindly.
sweet, slightly rum-like in the distance, an apple, a bit of citrus, fresh grass. Actually the friendly and nice you hope for when you purchase this whisky.
Very soft (no spicy/peppery notes), but not nearly as 'carribean' as, for example, the balvenie or benriach variant. You can taste it a bit, but don't expect an equivalent to the whiskys mentioned above.
Really a bottle that you make a gnome with some comrades in one evening.
In the finish, the rum flavor comes to the fore. Nice, finish could have been longer.
- Fine on the nose, but doesn't deliver what it promises. Doesn't suit me. Fortunately an offer but certainly not a second bottle
- This The Glenlivet is a bit disappointing.
You do taste the rum cask finish, but that is only for a short time.
The finish is also very short.
You can't beat the price, but there are much better whiskys out there for the money.
- A nice whisky, but it didn't give me a caribbean feeling
Apple and pear with some honey
Apple, vanilla and a little pepper
Medium long and sweet. A little more dryer at the end