5 × in wishlist
45 × member ratings
77 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Blair Athol 2009 MoS
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.44 points
- Nothing spectacular about this 10 year old MOS. Alcohol doesn't seem to be well integrated, it smells and tastes a bit "sparkling". I cannot give the young man here more than 83 p. But for me it is miles away from a JD ... ;-)
- Not my thing
Tastes almost like Jack Daniels
I actually like Blair Athol
Because not here at all
- The bourbon influence was really pushed in, a bit too much at the start, but really nice at the back.
Waxy and fruity fruit basket, apple, peach, orange, also sweet, actually quite nice, great fruit bomb, vanilla, now also clearly marzipan, slightly fresh, floral
Oily, fruity, vanilla, rather tart, orange, coconut, peach rings, some oak, rather exhausting to start with
Really sweet again, peach rings from Haribo, nice, still a little coconut, creamy, pleasantly ending
- After a short time, the sticky, grainy bourbon note disappears and dried fruit and nut notes appear. The alcohol remains quite dominant. Tingly in the mouth and the finish was thin, the nose was the best here
- Difficult to get something out of here somehow, because you IMMEDIATELY get the association with corn whisky, especially Jack Daniels. In the nose, in the mouth and also in the finish.
However, on a much higher level. Not so cute, much rounder and finer.
Delicious, but here you have to be careful that no one pours coke in .....
- So I think this bottling from Thomas Ewers is incredibly successful. Not a typical Blair Athol, but that's what makes this bottling so special! A whisky with rough edges. Leathery and a lot of dried fruit, maybe a bit of rubber abrasion + candied fruit ..... just great what there is in terms of flavors. Also the dark color, completely untypical for a bourbon hogshead. For me it is more of an indication of a heavily toasted cask.