- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Rum Cask Finish
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 26 Aug 2010 1:32 pm
21 × in wishlist
73 × member ratings
266 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Balvenie 14-year-old Caribbean Cask
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.51 points
- I’ve got a couple of fingers left in a bottle my brother in law got me for Christmas. I might just finish it off tonight, its a good middle of the road "don't shoot me babe its only a 60 dollar bottle" ;P
Oak heavy, ethanol heat, vanilla, baking spices, sugar.
Sweet and spicy, red apples
short and sweet, makes you go in for another taste.
- 28.06.2018 Maltbar tried in Darmstadt
- A decent whisky slightly clipped by the rum, but still with depth and good flavour.
Creamy, fruity, and oaky. Acetone, white fruit, sugar.
Creamy, flinty, and spicy. Spun sugar, white fruit, spice, and bitterness.
Medium-long finish with mild fruit and sweetness, spice, and bitterness.
- Balvenie goes tropical!
Review of the Balvenie Caribbean Cask:
- Pleasant whisky to drink on a warm day. Just sit down, relax and enjoy this easy going Balvenie! Tip for Balvenie: leave the coloring agent behind... ;-)
Fantastic! Sweet, some vanilla, brown sugar, syrup. Lovely scent.
Sweet, vanilla, brown sugar, a bit fruity, creamy toffee, bit spicy.
Moderate long. More fruit comes though at the longer end. Soft finish.
- Lovely bright gold color. Layers of sweetness (the characteristic Balvenie honey, along with vanilla fudge, nougat and rich toffee) peppered with dried spice and a hint of tropical fruit (papaya, guava, tangerine). Great viscosity with good grip on the finish.
Nose: Soft brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, honey, cherry liqueur chocolates, slightest suggestion of pepper and oak
Palate: Waxy mouthfeel, overripe bananas and nectarines, rum soaked Xmas cake with an abundance of candied ginger, little woody
Finish: Moderate to quite long, classic Balvenie honey, returning brown sugar, hints of nutmeg and cardamom
- One of the best 14 yr Scotch I have tried. I love this version from Balvenie because they incorporate the rum and its flavor palate. The spectrum of Rum and Scotch together is ummm oh so good. This one will be running out sooner or later so get it while you can.
- Not being a fan of rum finished or rum cask matured whisky, I am probably not a good judge. Not for me.
Sweet and fruity. Rum raisin cake. Banana. Sun tanning oil?
Rich and spicy. Damp wood. Ripe tropical fruits (pineapple, mango). Chocolate bar. Something is off here, but I cannot place it.
Medium and oaky. The spicyness remains. Odd.