- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Roasted chestnuts and spicy hot dogs
- Stated Age
- 07 years old
- Refill Toasted Butt Finish
- Number of bottles
- 66.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 05 Feb 2021 2:36 pm by Tauti
one in wishlist
16 × member ratings
17 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenrothes 2013 SMWS 30.114
2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.00 points
- My version was called The Nutcracker. And nutty it is. Cinnamon churros, gingerbread, tiramisu. Then super toasty rye bread. Hazelnuts and chestnuts with a little golden syrup.
- Notes von der SMWS Website: https://smws.com/roasted-chestnuts-and-spicy-hot-dogs/
"We collected shiny chestnuts from beneath a blanket of lovely, coloured autumn leaves, with some of them still in their cracked green shells then back home we made some conker crafts as we sipped steaming hot chocolate. Less serene on the palate as we found ourselves in a street in Manhattan – two vendors vying for our attention, one selling spicy hot dogs the other heavily roasted chestnuts. With water it turned into burnt caramelised chestnut jam with a hint of cocoa powder and camphor as well as eucalyptus, while to taste salty caramel macaroons and tonka bean panna cotta with roasted rhubarb. After five years in an ex-oloroso butt, we transferred this whisky into a refill toasted oak butt."
Ausgabepreis Februar 2021: 51,00 GBP