- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Glass Printed Label
- 56.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 29 Jul 2010 9:16 am
6 × in wishlist
45 × member ratings
159 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore Cask Strength
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.05 points
- Intense, full and slightly smoky. I love this stuff.
- On the nose, salt, smoky light peat, wood and synthetic aromas of candy!
On the palate, explosion of candies ..to violet, well purple, smoke, dry wood, a floral return, vanilla and lemon.
In the final, we have this strong sensation of perfume, mixed with wood and a little discreet smoke! The essence of violet holds a long time in the glass! To note, alcohol is almost absent at the level of perception!
A superb dram, but monolithic !! yes, I love violet!
strong, stubborn spices and then a floral side before the peat, fine, almost gummed by the saline side, back woody.
- A smooth medium body.
Sea air. Cereal grain oiliness. Nutty. Malty sweetness. Syrupy. Scenty.
Earthy dryness. Some tasters found wet wool? Others Carbolic. Lively. Flavours not very integrated.
Orange peel.Leafy. Ferns. peaty.
- Powerful and peppery, it releases a lot of malt in the nose, as well as flowers. Lavender, perhaps? On the palate, fine peat, the touch of mouth is ultra fluid and fine. Toffee. Again these flowers ... I have it: VIOLET! From the time I hear about these old Bowmore to Violet, I have one! Finale subtle, rather short on the ... violet. A rather disconcerting whisky but culturally loaded!
- A Bowmore of a beautiful originality that did not leave me indifferent!
Very floral with a slight sea breeze. A beautiful power.
A floral explosion (50 shades of violet!) With a small hint of caramel.
Too short but intense in the flower with a taste of smoke not so unpleasant.
- Like the 12yo and 17yo this one is something on its own but not necessarily positive. It will not make it into my favorites - actually not even into my daily drams. I assume I'm going to hate it.
Flowers, perfume, little bit artificial, little green fruits and grassy, sugar cane
Punchy, very oily and thick, the flowery perfume and artificial taste is strong
Long, warm and terribly artificial - like there are some chemicals in there
- Nose: in the middle of the peat throne a violet obvious and clear. In the mouth the violet is overwhelming. Long finale on the violet. Beautiful, a malt love it or hate it.
- An incredible and definitive style. We like, or not. I do not like the violet. But it's still a good whisky, very delicate. Well composed.
Floral nose in devil: concentrated violet, candy. Powerful and sweet.
Very floral, always clearly violet. it sometimes pulls on the mango. Light and dry. Sweet and delicate.
Short, delicate, floral. A little green wood.