- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- #4 Charred American White Oak Barrel
- 65.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Warehouse H, Rick No. 56
- Added on
- 12 Aug 2010 11:56 pm
4 × in wishlist
28 × member ratings
38 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Blanton's Straight from the Barrel
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.17 points
- TOO STRONG FOR NORWAY. HERE IT IS NARCOTICA !!!
- Smooth for its ABV. More on the caramel and less on the sourish fruity side compared to the single barrel Blanton's that I have.
Remarkably soft for the high alcohol. Apple, cinnamon, vanilla, caramel, mint and pecan.
Apple, caramel, pepper, mint and cherry.
Caramel, apple, vanilla and cherry.
- Quite complex for a bourbon,this worth the price.nice dram,really uncut!
- everything you would want from a cask strength bourbon,great mixture of spices, honey and vanilla,the mouthfeel is fantastic and a long smooth finish with a slight burn.
Alc up front like a punch in the nose. Little less than the one I had in teh UK, but still some breathing is needed. There is a heavy "dbase" or earthtone in teh nose That then moves to cinimon and vanill and gets richer by the minut
Light But that fads to full burn ... lots of rye and floral ... surprised by the flora and then some vanilla
Alc then oak and vanilla, rye and more alc. I think this really has to sit for a while to let teh alc burn off a little more ....
Delicate aromas of grain, spices and citrus fruits like oranges with hints of caramel and vanilla
A full and creamy taste of raisins and vanilla notes include caramel, ripe fruit and flowers. Touch of spice.
Beautiful balanced aftertaste of vanilla, honey and citrus