61 × in wishlist
58 × member ratings
108 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Speyside Region 1973 TWA
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.96 points
- This Speysider is differentiated compared to the other Speysiders, much more spice and less the fruit bomb both in the nose and on the palate. Perhaps this time a completely different distille? But very complex and long-lasting and cozy warmth! Great!
- Nice and fruity on the nose, very old school, but a different profile than the previous Speyside Region 1973 from 2017/2018. Soft, cool, sweet, fruity in the mouth with spicy notes. Mild and the alcohol is very well integrated. The finish is fruity sweet, medium-long, but it sticks to the palate long and fruity, complex and very well balanced.
- For me, the profile "Undisclosed Speyside 1973" is strongly influenced by the previous bottlings: fat tropical fruits, juicy, dense body. Especially because of the TWA bottlings. Whoever expects this will unfortunately be disappointed.
This bottling is different but therefore not bad. On the whole, however, too little for the expectation of age, bottler and price.
Compared to other 1973s, however, this one simply cannot keep up.
Compared to a TWA1973 / 2016 Good Vibes. At a price of around € 590, the bottling has to compete with the best.
2. Comparison against a 1975/2016 Acla.
Somewhat closed at first. Then fruity aromas come through, some orange, lemon, juicy apple, some pineapple.
A slight alcohol note comes through. Already some wood in the nose.
Spicy start, continues to the same aromas as on the nose. Body present, but the fruit only shimmers through. Wood is also noticeable here.
Nice ripe finish, also briefly fruity. If you stay there for a while, then as we get drier we feel a slight bitterness at the very back.
- Very spicy licorice, Ricola herbal sweets, no bitterness due to the long barrel storage, the alcohol hardly noticeable (could actually use 1-2% more :-)). If you take a slightly larger sip, almost fruity notes (oranges?) Appear.
- Secret Speyside, score average 93 points
Tasting notes from an online tasting with 25 participants
I have engl. wine gums
Licorice on the nose
Sharp, slightly tart, velvety finish
Absolutely wine gums, fruity on the tongue, a little restrained finish
Fruits on the nose, vanilla, sweet,, taste vanilla, berries, very soft and round, with a hint of wood in the aftertaste
fine rum with fig
Plum with us, rum, great and great
very little wood for its age, very nice part!
Tea note, lychee,
right, anise on the nose
There has not been anything so beautiful on my nose for a long time
I like it again now!
Insane in taste, ending with beautiful exotic fruit, stays for a long time> !! Wonderful, my current No. 1
Lychee, this is it. I just couldn't figure it out. Very gentle and balanced. Peaches, ripe pears ... and light spice. Great
with a drop of water it becomes slightly sweet and shows peach
Wonderful, tea, lychee, light peach, light gummy bears
Every sip or nose is a different experience. Great stuff.