- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Independent Brothers (IB)
- Bottling serie
- Xaver Bar Choice No. I
- Stated Age
- 09 years old
- Port Cask Wood
- Number of bottles
- 53.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Hotel Dragoner Peiting
- Added on
- 07 Jan 2021 9:46 pm by ekksen
8 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
65 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Unnamed Islay Malt 2011 IB
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.47 points
- For information: The whisky is my first own bottling and costs 119 € - 114 € go to me and 5 € go to a Paypal Moneypool in favor of the hospice association in Pfaffenwinkel
- Blind tasting 02/13/2021 - First impression Caol Ila
Sweet, ash smoke, fresh wood, mentholic (alcohol stings), becomes herbaceous over time, liquorice root, liquorice, like cough syrup. Smoke subsides a little. Slightly brine
Dry, spicy, slightly fruity (Haribo wine gum), alcohol does not work completely
Relatively short, the smoke is no longer as present as in the nose, a bit bitter astringent
- Shhhhttt .... I know from a good source that it is a Laphroaig;) Slàinte Mhath
- Good bottling for lovers of smoky port maturations. I personally think a few drops of water are good for him. And you can also give the whisky a little time to develop.
Fruitiness, but clearly alcohol. Red fruits, dried fruits and smoke. With a few drops of water, the alcohol will no longer be as pungent.
A bit alcoholic biting without water. Lots of dark fruit, the smoke rather reserved, maybe a bit medicinal. Dried fruits.
Medium to long with a slight bitterness. Fruitiness remains.
- Nice oily sweetness at the beginning which then fades into smoke. Fills the mouth nicely.