anCnoc 2005

Market
Belgium Belgium
27 dec 2020 4:31 pm by Ikkakumon

Whisky reviews for anCnoc 2005

6 users have left 6 reviews for this whisky. Average rating is 85.83 points.

1. herdertje scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

2. Create a free Whiskybase account to read all 6 reviews for this whisky
    Create free account
  3. Dionysus scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

4. markjedi1 scored this whisky 88 points Connoisseur

Very Engaging

I changed jobs not so long ago. After more than 12 years as Teamleader at the ING Business Credit Center, it was time to broaden my horizons once again. I started working as a Customer Journey Expert – what a great-but-utterly-unrevealing title, right? – and I'm really enjoying myself in that position. My BCC colleagues offered me this bottle as a parting gift. They know my love for whisky all too well, of course.

The nose is immediately smoky, but in a special way. Believe it or not, I have to think about burnt spaghetti sauce (I speak from experience, to my shame). That quickly evaporates to make room for all kinds of sweet notes. Think apples, wine gums, red fruit, vanilla and honey. Underneath some earthy touches like warm stones and mud. A late hint of fried banana and something of mint. There is a lot going on. I must confess: I find this very fascinating!

Nice and oily and surprisingly sweet. Vanilla and honey now come first, followed by pineapple cubes, banana chips and cherry candy. But then the peat explodes and offers not only warm smoke, but also intense spices with salt and pepper in the lead followed by nutmeg and a hint of rosemary. Even becomes quite herbal. But how delicious!

The finish is simply excellent. Long, warm, sweet, satisfying.

Beautiful AnCnoc that leaves their Peaty Collection in shadow. Underestimated, misunderstood and thank god still available. I will quickly buy myself another bottle.

5. Lcluy scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior