- Whiskybase ID
- Single Pot Still
- The Limerick Spirits Company Ltd (TLS)
- Bottling serie
- Departed Spirits of Limerick
- Treaty City Brewery Imperial Stout Finish
- Number of bottles
- 58.23 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Dec 2020 11:55 pm by MichalGazak
10 × in wishlist
2 × member ratings
15 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Thomond Gate Peter Lacy TLS
2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.50 points
- Slightly chocolate taste to it with dried fruits very pleasant on the palate. Can get a nice smooth taste of strout and coffee. Wonderfully smooth for a cask strength which will leave you wanting for more.
- The first new release from Thomond Gate Whiskey as part of its ‘Departed Spirits of Limerick’ series pays homage to a prolific military General known as Peter Lacy, of Killeedy, Co Limerick. After the Treaty of Limerick in 1691, he left Ireland with other exiled Jacobite soldiers. In his later campaigns he joined Tsar Peter (the Great) of Russia and became one of the most renowned tacticians in Russian history winning many battles across the European continent. In is memory, Thomond Gate Whiskey has sourced a traditional Pot Still whiskey, which has been finished in an Imperial Stout cask from Treaty City Brewery. This style of beer, also known as Russian Imperial Stout, was exported in great volumes during the 18th Century to Russia. Brewed to a high strength so the beer could last the ocean journey, it’s an intensely flavoured, dark, full-bodied beer with lots of chocolate, coffee and dried dark fruits, which perfectly compliments the characteristics of Irish Pot Still whiskey.
A limited release of just 232 bottles, at cask strength (58.23% ABV) with non-chill filtration and natural colour. Each bottle has been hand filled into 70cl bottles, labelled and adorned with a unique coin engraved with the individual bottle number making it a truly memorable experience for whiskey enthusiasts and collectors alike.