- Single Malt
- Daily Dram (DD)
- Bottling serie
- The Nectar of the Daily Drams
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- 54.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Jul 2010 4:54 pm
13 × in wishlist
47 × member ratings
49 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Littlemill 1990 DD
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.64 points
- This Whisky was sold for 162 € at Whiskyauction in July 2015
- This one needs time to develop & smooth out. Could imagine this
being a great swimmer. Thanks Menno!
First of: grassy, dry oak, faint glue, very austere/minimal & somewhat savoury, maybe even with a slight smokeyness ? (83)
bit later: turning a sweeter (out of nowhere... interesting...), brown
sugar, soggy oatmeal, sprinkle of vanilla, sandalwood, wet table cloth,
cucumber, very faint juicy fruit bubblegum underneath, and a tiny bit of
smoke occasionally again (85)
Later: fruity components turn a notch
louder & add nicely to the balance, succade/citronade, apricots,
apples, quince, also some almond marzipan (88)
dry biting wood, quite alcoholic with a pepppery edge, solvent, oak, somewhat herbal. (83)
much more pleasant, the rough alc & harsh wood seems to have calmed
down, now there's a very nice attack of fruits & wax right away,
once the initial attack has faded there's some oat cakes, faint lemon, very faint wood polish wax, . (85)
Later: fruit notes & wax stick around and are joined by creamy vanilla. (88)
- I have really grown to like this distillery. A great example of what a good cask and some age can do to the Littlemill spirit.
Light and a little malty, with hints of spiciness (ginger root, cinnamon, celery salt, white pepper). Vanilla butter cream icing. Lemon scented furniture polish.
Mmmmmm. Grapefruit and lemon. Star fruit. Nice oak presence. Anise seed. Fades with more lemon, and some pepper.
Long and spicy (more of that white pepper). Lemon peels, then dried hay.
- I'm glad a real expert loves this whisky too!!!Littlemill is under appreciated for a long time now. But almost all the 2010 releases where very good (in my opinion of course).
- What a positive surprise for a Littlemill. My fifth Littlemill and I never had such a good one before.
Warming and fresh with a fruity and malty character. Strong notes of applecake, vanilla and wax. Also lots of Austrian "Almdudler" lemonade. Very nice.
Warming, starting on "Almdudler" and - wow !!! - apple strudel with vanilla sauce. Becomes very fruity with a mixture of exotic fruits (tangerines, mangos, passion fruits). Nice spicy- and maltyness. A beautiful and complex taste.
Long, warming and tasty.