- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Coastal Highland Single Malt
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- 'Clynelish 14' in red
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 06 Nov 2020 10:36 am by Malzbrenner
4 × in wishlist
27 × member ratings
92 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 14-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.25 points
- Delicious mineral, wax. Characteristic features. One of the best among the basic bales available. 22-21-21-22
- Blenders glass
Comparative tasting of Clynelish 14 2005 wb20451 and 2020 wb169264
Identical in color - gold.
2005: sweet pears, sour apples, light liquid honey, the trademark waxiness is present 22
2020: strong synthetic pear scent - "Duchess" lollipops / lemonade, vanilla, butter dough, behind all this there is no signature waxiness 21
2005: sweet (honey), fruity sourness, vanilla 21
2020: sweet (ripe yellow fruit and honey), waxy taste (honeycomb), peppermint 21
2005: medium duration, fresh wood, herbal bitterness 20
2020: medium, sweet, honey, pleasantly peppery and bitter 21
Against the background of 2005, where all the aromas are natural, 2020 looks like a Chinese fake, but 2020 is more pleasant and drinkable in taste and aftertaste. As a result, both are 84, but they are different.
- Nice sipping whisky
Artificial sweetness, lightly baked dough, light sour lemon, vanilla
Sweet honey, bitter caramel, sour lemon, powerful ginger spice
Medium, sweet, pepper and ginger spice
- 21 21 21 21
- Tasted on 05-31-2021 in Baveno, Italy.
- Clynelish is one of my favorite whiskys. But this particular release is like "Clynelish at the minimum"
P.S.after a month and a half has passed and less than half of the bottle is left in the bottle - my beloved Clynelish "returned"
- An easy sipper - some nice citrus notes to make you dream of warmer months. Not bad value either.