- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- First Fill Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 57.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Whisky Warehouse
- Added on
- 05 Nov 2020 2:10 pm by Casketje
13 × in wishlist
42 × member ratings
70 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Blair Athol 2008 GM
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.90 points
- This is anything but a PX maturation, it lacks the sweetness of a PX-cask. This is a very decent oloroso maturation which compliments the rather fat Blair Athol spirit to perfection. A very classic sherried Highlander that also screams Perthshire ... deserving to be a subcategory in the whisky region spectrum. One dimensional dram but extremely balanced. Recommended!
- Classic PX - sweet, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, little bit nutty. Alcohol not really noticeable for nearly 60%. Needs water on the palate but takes it well. Not bitter at all and a nice dram, but this sadly could be from any distillery.
After being open for a few weeks I'm dropping my rating by a point: there is a burnished note that has appeared which I don't really enjoy.
Like Ralfy sometimes says: this is whisky cordial - you need to dilute it quite extensively for it to be enjoyable.