- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Elixir Distillers (ElD)
- Bottling serie
- The Single Malts of Scotland - Reserve Casks
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Parcel No.4
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 02 Nov 2020 8:17 pm by Nidan
19 × in wishlist
31 × member ratings
54 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Linkwood 2009 ElD
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.00 points
- attic dust, green fruits, apples. A little empty, but after standing in a glass for 40 minutes it revives a little, though not for long
- Very tasty and sweet whisky, full of flowers, candies, sweet spices and also with elements of barley malt and cucumber. It is very delicious and bold enough but requires time to be opened.
- A good summer malt. The dilution to 48% did not do it any harm.
Lemon & lime, floral, slightl minty, malty, some apples
Slightly oily texture, lemon candy, slight oak, grapefruits, some peppers & malt
Rye sourbread dough, grapefruits, some apple peel, average in length, grapeseeds
- Very light and has interesting champagne notes. Nothing special but worth the money
- Light, drinkable, but not balanced. Probably worth the money. Balance 20-21
The aroma is classic for a bourbon barrel. Lollipops, duchess, some cream, light and fresh sweetness. 21.5
The taste is weak. One gets the impression of a strong reduction. Herb, distant sweetness. 20.5
Long enough, despite the nondescript taste. Peppermint, slightly spicy for such a strength. 21.5
- Balance (20)
Aroma promised more (82)
Classic, bourbon… lots of cream, pineapple, banana, lemon, milk chocolate with vanilla (22)
The taste is sharp, fruit with herbal bitterness… very tasty numeike (20)
Finish short, not interesting (20)
- Blenders Glass.
Simple but nice - especially considering the price.
In the summer, in the heat - that's it.
Nose: fresh, lemongrass, pear, pineapple, light maltiness 22
Taste: refreshing, with a slight sweetness turning into citrus acidity; Pinocchio lemonade, lollipops, white pepper 21
Finish: short, fruity, slightly spicy 21
- Delicate, light, fruity, vanilla, Pineapple. Perfect for the price.