- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Klub Release No.1
- 1st fill bourbon + Pedro Ximénez sherry butts
- Number of bottles
- 52.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Bimber Klub members
- Added on
- 02 Nov 2020 4:23 pm by holborndrinker
14 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
233 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bimber Pedro Ximenez Cask
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.26 points
- A stunning example of what Bimber can do with Sherry. This is a sherry cask finish, and it works perfectly. Highly drinkable without water at this abv. Bimber work those high abvs so well on nearly all their releases. I'm not usually a go-to sherried whisky guy, but Bimber are producing interesting, different and delicious sherried whisky again and again. This is my second visit to a released Bimber that has px cask in the mix (the 1st being my first), and in my opinion Bimber works so well with PX done in the right way. This bottle is the perfect choice for the first KLUB release - special, and different to the many recent releases. Great work Bimber.
- Bimber Klub Release No.1 - Pedro Ximenez Finish
The spirit was initially matured 1st fill American oak ex-bourbon casks, and then expertly married and finished in Pedro Ximenez sherry butts.
Pedro Ximenez (aka PX) is produced from overripened grapes of the same name. The grapes are slowly sundried to produce an exceptionally high concentration of natural sugars. The wine is then aged exclusively via oxidation, producing a viscous and rich sherry packed full of notes of dried fruits, raisins, figs and dates supporting darker flavours such as roasted coffee, chocolate and liquorice. An opulent partner to our light, fruit-forward spirit.
The price of the bottle is £67.50
70cl / 52.8%abv / 1198 bottles
- I normally prefer the bourbon finishes, but the sherry adds a nice complexity to this. Well worth a try.
The sherry notes come through clearly, muting the bourbon notes.
The sherry notes are very prominent in this one - the fruit gives ways to a slightly dry, herby palate.
Medium length - nice lingering spice.