- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Unhurried Since 1833
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Refill Oak,1st Fill Sherry & 1st Fill Bourbon
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 700 ml 750 ml
- New black and round label (2020)
- Added on
- 08 Oct 2020 8:37 pm by Tauti
12 × in wishlist
24 × member ratings
126 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glengoyne 12-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.50 points
- A fine example of a upper low range whisky, flavours are their for you and it's not overwhelming at all.
- A weak version of the Glengoyne 15. I've got the idea that the barrels used are not as good as the Glengoyne 15's.
Grass, green apples
Grain, vanilla, a little bit of roasted hazelnut, milk chocolate
Bitter wood, a bit of caramel
- Ralfy review 876: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSK7j79aGDc (88/100).
"Big step-up actually from the 10 year old."
- Very quickly loses its aroma in the nose. With a little water it becomes even softer and sweeter and also loses its flavor.
Otherwise similar to the 10 year old.
Smells like eagle owl first.
Sweet, in contrast to the 10, it smells of almost nothing very quickly.
velvety, soft, very sweet, then spicy and tingling.
Very light oak.
medium length, dry and spicy
Sultana biscuits, oil, softly distant lavender, coffee, sherry, honey and dried fruit.
The whisky actually opens surprisingly soft. Clear sultana, vanilla, honey, nesquick, a little pepper and nougat.
Bitter, dry, spicy, medium long.
- A lovely daily dram and quite affordable too.
A hint of dried fruits, sultana and figs. Lemons in the back. Plenty of honey and a lovely apple pie. Oranges. A little bit of toasted oak. Sweet cherries. Nougat. Later also pink grapefruit.
Very Orangina like (a kind of lemonade) at first. :-) Vanilla and caramel. Milk chocolate and a hint of some lovely warming spices, mostly going towards black pepper and nutmeg. Nougat here too.
Mid-long and Orangina again. A hint of sweet grapefruit and caramel.