- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 2
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- 1st Fill Oloroso Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 60.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 02 Jul 2010 12:20 am
12 × in wishlist
71 × member ratings
102 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1993
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.60 points
- On the nose a mixture of cigar box, plum, cinnamon, and red cabbage (wine, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, vinegar, sweet). Since only the roast pork is missing. In the mouth then complex wood, tobacco (cigar costs) and sherry fruit notes. On the finish a lot of dark chocolate, menthol. The whisky was great.
- Batch 2 contains the following bottles:
1971 cask 489
1972 cask 718
1978 cask 1040
1989 cask 3315
1990 cask 2621
1991 cask 3182
1993 cask 529
Rubbery, mushrooms, sweet, sherry, sulphury, nutty
Earthy, berries, red fruits, spicy (pepper, cloves, cinnamon), sherry, beefy
Long, spicy, berries
- A bit too much for me
Alcohol to start ... and also after several minutes. Too unbalanced for me this nose although it is interesting: earthy notes, meaty limits, a lot of leather. Very sherry, dry but heavy. After more than thirty minutes, it becomes more interesting: tobacco, leather, vanilla, chocolate, coffee, praline. Better
Almost tannic. Very sherry of course with coffee, leather, wood and many spices. It's very dry all the same.
Long. More fruity (raisins) but still dry.
Prune, raisin, broth (Maggi), red berries, vanilla, mocha, caramel cookie and a vegetal touch. A little whiff of sulphur as well.
Dark cherry, prune, raisin and nutmeg. Again that touch of sulphur and even a little glue.
Prune, raisin, date, mocha, bramble and a little smoke.
- at 60% lovely
earthy elements with sweet fine oak aromas, sweet cloves and
raisins,orange, tobacco, coffee al the elements are present.
Spicy and long, mocha hazelnut,rich sweet
- My tasting note below was from a mixed blind tasting line-up from the
end of 2010, the above is from a blind Glendronach single cask only
line-up from September 2011.
Transferring previous Note (2011.12.21) content into a Tasting Note.
dark chocolate/couverture, tobacco, leaves, waxy, raisins & dates, meat/roast, gravy, clay, (89)
high alc noticeable but well bound, sherry, plums, molasses (91)
wood (pleasant) & spices, crumpets & pumpernickel, a touch earthy, slightly bitter wood at the end (89)
- N: oloroso, dusty, creamy - crème brûllée, tobacco, some smoke, pepper, forest fruits - black currant and red apple
T: full with some tannins, bitter fruits - apple and cranberries, dried fruits and some candy (schuimblok roze/geel)
F: long, drying with orange, nutmeg and nuts
tasted with Aby