- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- Cuvée No. 3
- Calculated age
- 08 years old
- Ref. Spanish Butts + Ref. Burgundy HHD Finish
- Number of bottles
- 60.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Kirsch Import
- Added on
- 30 Sep 2020 6:04 pm by Malzbrenner
4 × in wishlist
55 × member ratings
72 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 2011 SV
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.32 points
- Compared these with the other 5 editions. This one at first is almost equal to edition 2, but later on this 3rd one turns more into ripe fruits. In taste more sweetness, in the finish more (bitter) alcoholic influences.
Peatsmoke but also some fake leather, grassy, hay, cow stable. Later on more fruitiness, ripe fruits. No stinging alcohol.
Pretty strong and full, but less pickering. Peatsmoek, ash, now more sweetness, chocolate and caramel, also some tingling mouthfeel.
Still pretty sparkling, sweet smoke, ashy, caramel, more honey, long finish, tingles pretty long after. A bit of alcohol bitterness.
- Compared to Cuvée # 1 & # 2, it is much more pleasing, especially on the tongue. However, this also makes it a little less complex overall.
First, a large portion of smoke rises from the glass. Nice maritime. Then it becomes sweet and fruity. Vanilla, malt, glucose and a few strawberries,
Even after the first sip, it stays fresh and maritime.
Creamy texture. Powerful start. Dry tart chocolate. Salty caramel. Good portion of pepper. Dry on the palate.
Long, strongly spicy, almost hot, but not unpleasant.
- sugar cane, rum nuts, salt, the finish is getting stronger, lemon, melts in the mouth like marshmallows